This November, we will be filling our theatre with celebratory togetherness and a healthy dose of shade with our Taking Part production Sundown Kiki. Sundown Kiki will bring the world of theatre and ballroom together in an explosive evening of music, dance, walking and partying directed by Tristan Fynn-Aiduenu, with creative direction from Jay Jay Revlon and Sound Design by XANA, Sundown Kiki will be a bold celebration of Queer South London in all its’ glory.
We are looking for local LGBTQ+ young people who are Black or from the Global Majority to take part in this project.
- Work with a team of incredible artists to explore creative expression in all its’ forms.
- Be part of a unique community of young artists who are all interested in exploring aspects of their identity through theatre and performance.
- Have the opportunity to take part in a range of different creative activities including acting, voguing and costume design.
- Be part of developing a brand new piece of theatre.
- Have the opportunity to perform in a professionally produced show at the Young Vic in November.
You will be:
- Aged 18 – 25 years old
- Black or from the Global Majority
- Live or study in Southwark or Lambeth
- Have an interest in theatre and performance
Think you might be interested?
Come along to one of our recruitment workshops to find out more about the project, meet some of the artists you will be working with and take part in some creative activities that will help you decide whether this project is for you. The recruitment workshops will be fun and informative, and there is no obligation for you to continue with the full project if you don’t want to.
We will be inviting up to 40 participants to the recruitment workshops, and 20 participants to join us for the full project.
Sign up to attend a recruitment workshop by clicking the button below. Please apply by Mon 7 June, 10am.
If you have any questions about the recruitment workshops or the project more generally please email Lorna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two phases to the project – creative exploration and generating of ideas, followed by a rehearsal and performance process.
Workshops and rehearsals will take place on Saturdays and Wednesday evenings, with one week of intensive rehearsal before the performances.
Workshop & Rehearsal Dates
The workshop and rehearsal dates are:
Sat 7 Aug, 11am – 4pm
Sat 14 Aug, 11am – 4pm
Sat 21 Aug, 11am – 4pm
Wed 8 Sep, 6 - 8pm
Wed 15 Sep, 6 - 8pm
Wed 22 Sep, 6 - 8pm
Wed 29 Sep, 6 - 8pm
Wed 6 Oct, 6 - 8pm
Sat 9 Oct, 11am – 4pm
Wed 13 Oct, 6pm - 8pm
Sat 16 Oct, 11am – 4pm
Wed 20 Oct, 6pm - 8pm
Sat 23 Oct, 11am – 4pm
Mon 25 – Fri 29 Oct, 10am – 6pm
Mon 1st – Thu 4 Nov, 10am – 6pm
Fri 5 Nov– 7.45pm performance
Sat 6 Nov– 2.45pm and 7.45pm performance
Wed 10 Nov- 7.45pm performance
Thu 11 Nov - 2.45pm and 7.45pm performance
Fri 12 Nov - 7.45pm performance
Sat 13 Nov - 7.45pm performance
Please note, to perform in the final production, you must be available to rehearse full time between Mon 25 Oct and Fri 5 Nov.